Tired of constantly shaving and waxing unwanted facial and body hair? Shaving, plucking, tweezing, waxing—all are temporary fixes for unwanted hair. With our laser hair removal treatments, you can quickly and easily reduce unwanted hair on your body or face with longer lasting results.
Laser hair removal has become a popular and effective solution for achieving smooth and hair-free skin. This advanced cosmetic procedure offers a long-lasting alternative to traditional hair removal methods, targeting hair follicles with precision.
Get the touchable skin you’ve always wanted. All you need is a few simple treatments to get clear, silky, lasting results. The secret lies in the technology that targets and destroys hair cells responsible for hair growth, without harming the surrounding skin. The treatment is fast, easy, and practically pain free.
Laser Hair Removal and Cooling Technology If the provider uses the latest -28 degree cooling technology, laser hair removal becomes completely painless. Thanks to the sapphire crystal contact cooling technology, you won't feel anything, even when the laser uses triple wavelengths of light. This advanced cooling keeps the skin's surface cold, allowing the laser to target deeper hair follicles without causing discomfort or damaging the outer skin.
Effectiveness Based on Hair Growth Phases Laser hair removal is most effective on hairs in the anagen phase, which is the active growth stage. Remember, not all your hair is growing at the same time.
Understanding Hair Growth Phases The hair growth cycle comprises four key phases:
Anagen: The active GROWTH phase. Here, hair follicles create new hair cells and push out old ones. Lasting between 3 to 10 years, it varies per individual and hair type. About 20-33% of body hair and 90% of scalp hair is in this phase at any given time.
Catagen: The TRANSITION phase. Hair follicles shrink, detach from the blood supply, and growth halts. This short phase lasts 2-3 weeks, with around 5% of scalp hairs in this stage.
Telogen: The RESTING phase. Hair follicles remain inactive. As old hairs fall out, new ones grow and eventually replace them. This phase generally lasts 3-4 months.
Exogen: The SHEDDING phase. Dead hairs, also known as club hairs, are expelled from the follicles.
Only about 20% of your body hair, which is in the active growth phase, can be targeted by laser hair removal. When exposed to the triple-wavelength laser (755-808-1064), these hairs are permanently destroyed.
Melanin in the hair is the primary target of the laser. Without stem cells in the hair bulge and follicle, hair cannot regrow, ensuring long-term hair reduction.
- Treatment Sessions and Results A month after the initial treatment, 20-30% of previously treated follicles remain inactive. Another 20-30% enters the active growth phase and can be treated. This pattern continues in subsequent sessions, leading to a cumulative reduction in hair.
For optimal results:
- If 30-33% of your hair is in the anagen phase, you'll need at least four monthly sessions.
- If only 20% of your hairs are in the active phase, plan for at least five sessions with an additional session for good measure.
- The Advantages of Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal provides a range of benefits that have contributed to its popularity in the realm of hair removal. Here are some key advantages:
- Long-lasting results: Laser hair removal offers long-term hair reduction by targeting the hair follicles at their root, resulting in significantly reduced hair growth over time.
- Precision targeting: The laser can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged, ensuring precise and effective hair removal.
- Quick and efficient: Laser hair removal treatments are typically quick, especially for smaller treatment areas, allowing individuals to resume their daily activities with minimal interruption.
- Versatile treatment areas: Laser hair removal can be performed on various areas of the body, including the face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, and more, providing flexibility in hair removal options.
- Reduction of ingrown hairs: By targeting the hair follicles, laser hair removal can effectively reduce the occurrence of ingrown hairs, leaving the skin smoother and more even.
- Understanding the Laser Hair Removal Process: Laser hair removal utilizes concentrated beams of light to target and disable hair follicles. Here's an overview of the treatment process:
a. Consultation: Before undergoing laser hair removal, a consultation with a professional is essential. They will assess your hair and skin type, discuss your goals, and determine if laser hair removal is suitable for you.
b. Preparation: The treatment area is typically shaved prior to the session, ensuring that the laser can effectively target the hair follicles without interference from the hair above the skin's surface.
c. Laser Hair Removal Treatment: A handheld laser device is used to deliver pulses of light energy to the treatment area. The laser energy is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicles, damaging them and inhibiting future hair growth.
d. Post-Treatment Care: After the session, a cooling gel or soothing cream may be applied to alleviate any temporary discomfort or redness. Your provider will provide specific aftercare instructions to optimize results and minimize potential side effects.
- Why Choose Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal has gained popularity for its ability to provide long-lasting hair reduction with minimal hassle. Here are some reasons why individuals choose laser hair removal for their hair removal needs:
a. Permanent hair reduction: Laser hair removal offers a significant reduction in hair growth over time, providing a semi-permanent or even permanent hair-free solution.
b. Time and cost savings: With laser hair removal, there is no need for frequent shaving, waxing, or threading sessions, saving time and money in the long run.
c. Minimal discomfort: While everyone's pain tolerance varies, most individuals report only minimal discomfort during laser hair removal treatments, especially when compared to traditional hair removal methods.
d. Improved skin quality: Laser hair removal can result in smoother and softer skin, as it reduces the occurrence of ingrown hairs and eliminates the need for harsh hair removal techniques.
e. Convenience and confidence: With laser hair removal, you can enjoy the convenience of hair-free skin without the worry of unwanted hair growth, boosting your confidence and allowing you to embrace a carefree lifestyle.
Patients can expect to see 15-20% less hair growth/density with each treatment. Therefore, 90% or more hair removal can be achieved with a recommended series of 6 treatments in most areas. The hair follicles that are destroyed are meant to permanently stay that way, but over time new hair follicles may develop due to hormone changes, medications and other factors.
The final result is nevertheless a significant reduction of unwanted hair growth. Imagine a smooth bikini line and legs – no ingrown hairs and silky smooth skin all the time! And for the gentlemen, no shaving your back, chest or abdomen! Call us to set up a consultation and find out more.
Remember, if you are coming in for a treatment, shave the area the night before or that morning and avoid any self-tanners or bronzing cream for at least a week. Stop active tanning for at least 2 weeks. Avoid plucking or tweezing the area for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
During your consultation, Dr. Patel will make recommendations based on your desired comfort level, pain tolerance, and available downtime. There are treatment plans to fit everyone’s lifestyle.
Nitrous-Oxide available upon request.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS